Senior Data Scientist -Behavioral Economics at Humana Studio_h
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to influence Humana’s vision to provide coordinated, integrated care via home care solutions and ECOM (Enterprise Clinical Operating Model). The Senior Data Scientist Behavioral Economics designs, executes and measures the results of large scale experiments. The work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Digital Health and Analytics is a new area of Humana, focused on transforming the health experience for Humana members through the use of technology and analytics. We are looking for a data scientist to assist in transforming Humana into a best in class Test and Learn organization, using both behavioral economics theory and design of experiment expertise to design rigorous business experiments that will inform Humana’s strategy moving forward.
The Senior Data Scientist Behavioral Economics will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams across Humana in the design, execution, and analysis of business experiments, with emphasis on randomized control studies when appropriate. To enable Humana’s transformation to a best in class testing organization, the associate will guide business partners through a new process that makes it easy for teams to navigate the complexity of testing in a large organization with regards to legal, compliance, and other regulatory oversight.
The ideal candidate will have experience conducting experiments in an applied healthcare setting and have demonstrated innovation and creative methods for overcoming testing constraints.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- guide business partners through a new test and learn process that makes it easy for teams to navigate the complexity of testing in a large organization with regards to legal, compliance, and other regulatory oversight
- provide regular reporting of the test and learn landscape at Humana
- work with business partners to clearly define hypotheses and design rigorous tests that allow confidence in the results
- provide recommendations for sample sizing through power analysis
- apply behavioral economics theory to the design of interventions
- build strong working relationships with a variety of teams in a collaborative, matrixed environment with physical locations across the U.S.
- design, conduct, analyze, and provide recommendations for the interpretation of results of business experiments
First Year Success Factors
- You communicate effectively and timely with business partners engaged in the test and learn process.
- You are recognized as an experimentation expert by business partners.
- You are able to identify innovative methods for overcoming testing constraints.
- You have developed effective partnerships with business partners and coworkers.
- Master’s Degree + 3 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience
- Data Analytics, Computer Science or related quantitative program
- Experience conducting lab or field experiments
- Experience working with and analyzing various types of data using SAS, R, Python or similar software
- History of solving problems, creating solutions and driving change within a team
- Naturally curious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Economics, Behavioral Sciences, Applied Statistics, Public Health, Data Science or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience in healthcare, insurance, or related field
- Experience conducting microeconomic or behavioral science research
- Previously applied research to help a firm reach objectives
- Work experience in a health care and/or Insurance setting
This position is based in Louisville or Boston and will require occasional travel (approximately 10%) to other Humana locations.