Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Do complex data ingestion challenges interest you? What about building data warehousing solutions to help our company scale as we ingest data from hundreds of various sources (and growing) as we continue to accelerate our brand acquisition? The Data Warehouse Team at Thrasio is responsible for all aspects of data integration and warehouse engineering, including the design, development, maintenance, and administration of our rapidly scaling data warehouse!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and deploy data warehousing models, and support existing processes/ETL’s (extract/transform/load), functions (in Python/SQL/DBT) in a cloud data warehouse environment using Snowflake, AWS services
- Partner with internal Thrasio business stakeholders, Analytics, and Data Science teams to support their data infrastructure needs and troubleshoot data-related technical issues.
- Collaborate with our Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists teams to build scalable data models
- Create and support of ELT data pipelines built on Snowflake and DBT while ensuring high quality data
- Creation and support of Batch and real-time data pipelines built on Snowflake, DBT
- Develop tools and solutions to enable our CI/CD workflow
- Collaborate cross functionally with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, and project management to ensure high quality deliverables are met on time.
- Mentor junior engineers and establish best engineering practices across the team by doing code reviews and ensuring accurate code documentation.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 3+ years of software development, data engineering, or related experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Experience writing complex SQL statements and developing in Python
- Experience working with data modeling and orchestration tools such as Airflow, DBT etc
- Experience with software configuration management tools (Git) and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Nexus
- Knowledge of best practices across the SDLC and ability to collaborate across the team to ensure high quality products.
- Takes pride in an efficient designs and accurate results
- Ability to objectively analyze pros/cons and respective tradeoffs of a design path, and partner with team members to arrive at the most optimal solution.
- Experience collaborating with product and non-technical teams to gather business requirements and translating them into data engineering tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have, but Not Required:
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent STEM degree
- Experience in using business intelligence reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Quicksight etc.).
- Experience in designing backend micro services.
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus.
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.