Senior Data Engineer at Chewy
Chewy is seeking Senior Data Engineer, in Boston.
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
- Are you a passionate and energetic Software Engineer?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
- Are you a quality focused engineer?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Chewy engineering is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Data Engineer within our Storefront Experience division to join our Analytics and Experimentation platform team. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires engineers with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. As an engineer in our team, you will work with a talented group of backend, frontend and data engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong Storefront engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build new features and capabilities to power our chewy.com analytics and experimentation platform
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics platform
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes
- Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Take responsibility and ownership of project timelines and deliverables
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- 4+ years of work experience with very large data warehousing environment
- 4+ years of experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises
- Experience delivering high performance distributed systems in public cloud environments
- Proven and successful experience building real time data streaming, ingestion, aggregation and reporting platforms
- Experience architecting systems with multiple domain dependencies and cross cutting concerns
- Expertise in measuring, evaluating, and tuning application performance
- Hands on experience working in a public cloud environment.
- Demonstrated strength in architecting data warehouse solutions and integrating technical components
- Good analytical skills with excellent knowledge of SQL
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kafka, Flume and AWS tool stack such as redshift and kinesis are preferred
- Experience building on AWS using S3, EC2, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, QuickSight, etc
- Experience with ecommerce analytics platforms
- Experience with customer data platforms (e.g. Segment, mParticle, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with cloud based data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake, etc.)
- Agile experience is a plus
- Background in e-commerce
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com