Senior Data Engineer at Jobcase, Inc.
One of the Boston area's fastest growing technology companies, Jobcase is the only social media site dedicated to empowering the world’s workforce. Jobcase is a social media platform that connects our 100 million+ members to each other and potential employers.
As a data engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data systems that make possible our scale and rapid growth – a data lake, 50+TB data warehouse, ETL jobs, and technologies and tools to build and maintain them. You’ll be our first data engineering specialist in a broader engineering team, leading decision-making about data technologies and how we use them.
What you'll be doing here:
- Evolve our data architecture to better support data-driven decisions at all levels of the company
- Define and choose requirements in collaboration with business and engineering leaders, proposing partial solutions, discussing tradeoffs, and reframing needs where appropriate
- Build strong relationships with technical colleagues to be able to drive architecture and systems decisions with little oversight and to integrate data management across systems
- Troubleshoot scaling issues and system problems, and contribute to overall security,availability, and disaster recovery planning
About you and your skills:
- Experience designing, redesigning, and building multiple distributed architectures for storage as well as batch and real-time processing
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies such as RDS, Aurora, Redshift, EMR, Athena, Glue, Kinesis; with the Spark ecosystem; and with learning and applying new technologies
- Well-informed opinions about what ETL should be maintained in hand-written code vs built with ETL tools, as well as what should be maintained centrally vs by distributed teams
- Degree in computer science, information systems, analytics, or other technical field,or equivalent experience
- Affiliated partner of MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, CSAIL
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym membership
- Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work every year since our launch in 2015