Are you looking for the opportunity to shape the future of data engineering at a fast-growing company? If you’re a Data Engineer, looking for the next challenge to help scale our production and analytics databases to handle massive volume, then the Platforms team at ASICS Digital has the role for you!
ASICS Digital creates and brings to market cutting-edge digital apps and products for the ASICS brand. With over 50 million users, we possess an incredible wealth of data rooted in fitness training, goal-setting, and how technology can contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Managing and making sense of all that data is an extraordinary challenge and opportunity.
The Data Engineer will help build, run and improve the current data engineering platform while contributing to the design and rollout of the next platform iteration. You’ll be working cross-functionally with several teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing and eCommerce. Your key focuses will be building up our data warehousing infrastructure and providing best practices for data engineering.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS Corporation based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build innovative digital technologies and commerce experiences to better connect consumers to the ASICS brand. We are responsible for the continued development of innovative eCommerce solutions and other digital services that inspire people to move, get fit and stay healthy.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, maintain, and QA the data warehousing and other data engineering platforms
- Contribute to the direction, tooling, and platforms that deliver data to the global business and it’s initiatives
- Working closely with our regional and internal stakeholders; our Product, Marketing and eCommerce teams, to build out necessary data warehousing infrastructure
- Own and drive data-engineering initiatives autonomously; identifying issues and providing solutions
- Maintain and scale our ETL tooling process to ensure flexibility for future enhancements
- Tune and implement improvements—in terms of quality, reliability, scalability, or data access—for our production data stores
- Bring an analytical mindset to every conversation across the company
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members
What You've Done
- 5+ years experience with Data Warehousing principles and practices
- 5+ years experience handling large sets of data (i.e. hundreds of millions of rows of data) and make it performant
- Experience with Java and/or PythonExperience with any ETL tool such as Informatica, Pentaho, Matillion, AWS Glue
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with NewSQL databases
- Experience testing data integrity with automation
- Experience with docker or other linux containers
- Interest in AWS services
Nice To Have
- Experience with AWS services (e.g. lambda, S3)
- Experience with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse
- Exposure to the platforms, processes, and practices related to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.