Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Veracode is the premier provider of application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. For us, data is a strategic advantage that radically improves our customers’ ability to understand and act upon their application vulnerabilities. We process very large volumes of batch and real-time streaming data and transform that data into information that powers critical decisions.
We seek an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our team and enhance our ability to create, deploy and operate a world-class data engineering system. You will be responsible for developing solutions for an end-to-end “pipeline” that turns data from our SaaS Application Security Platform into actionable information for our internal and external customers. You will be part of a team consisting of highly skilled data engineers, analysts, and BI developers supporting our ambitious data goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, enhance, and operate an Internet-scale data lake, analytical data store and embedded BI applications
- Support existing and new BI production solutions
- Ability to translate customer needs into clear and concise analytics that drive value
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science or Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 - 10 years of experience with data warehouse systems, data modeling, ETL and BI design and development
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience with the BI solutions, preferably the following: Looker, Tableau, and Birst
- Experience with MPP and columnar databases like AWS Redshift a plus
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, Aurora, or MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB). Experience with database design; query tuning and optimization preferred.
- Hands on experience with multi-tenant and embedded analytics approaches
- Experience with Big Data methods, topologies and tools, such as Map/Reduce (e.g. AWS EMR), Apache Spark, etc., preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and agile engineering environment
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.