Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
About the Role
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Data Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, we’re excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
This Senior Data Analyst role will have opportunities for outsized positive impact by enabling data-driven decision-making in how we optimize our revenue strategy and operations. We are looking for thoughtful, fearlessly curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. As a member of a growing team, you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact through a high level of autonomy. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring to the table, we look forward to learning from each other
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. sales data, dealer behavior patterns and website usage) to understand the performance of our revenue strategy and identify opportunities for optimization
- Be a thought partner with decision-makers; communicate and present data analyses, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Partner with the sales, marketing, finance, product, and engineering departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical and professional development
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or demonstrated ability in learning new tool
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.