Senior Data Analyst at EverQuote
As a senior data analyst you will help millions of consumers protect their most valuable assets by developing our data infrastructure using state-of-the-art data platforms. You will leverage our rich marketplace data to extend our competitive advantage in data-driven decision-making, building an industry-leading insurance shopping experience, and supporting the growth of our insurance partners. You will plan and implement new data pipelines to drive transformative growth for EverQuote, enabling our team to move fast, iterate quickly, and uncover new insights and opportunities from our data. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, dashboards, and analyses to answer critical business questions with cross-functional stakeholders and the senior leadership team.Who we look for
You are technically adept at developing, building, testing, and maintaining databases and data processing systems. You are well-versed in SQL and scripting languages like Python, and use them in complex data pipelines using cloud-based data warehouse platforms (Snowflake, Amazon Web Services). You programmatically author, schedule, monitor, and troubleshoot workflows on platforms like Airflow.
Your detail-oriented and highly organized approach is critical to your success, since your database tables, views, and reports are used by a large team of analysts and leaders across the company. They depend on accurate and timely data to make business decisions in real-time with significant implications for EverQuote’s KPIs, including revenue and profitability. You are passionate about your work and take pride in offering new solutions to replace or improve upon existing systems and processes.
You understand how the team uses Tableau dashboards to report on critical business KPIs. You are comfortable working directly with other analysts and data scientists to build new data sets to power machine learning and other advanced analytics solutions.
You communicate with clarity, both orally and in writing, and excel in stakeholder relationship management. You explain the benefits and risks of decisions made using your data products. You simplify complex ideas for your audience, since your stakeholders cut across different functions, such as Performance Marketing, Product and Engineering, Distribution and Business Development, and Finance. You effectively share your work by authoring technical documentation in GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, or other repositories so analysts and engineers will understand how your projects function and interact with platform components.Responsibilities
- Develop, build, test, and maintain database tables/views, processing systems, and analytical reports
- Preserve data integrity by monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting upstream issues in data pipelines to prevent and minimize disruptions
- Work closely with the Analytics Platform team of data architects, engineers, and product managers to manage cross-dependencies, aligning your projects with company-wide initiatives where appropriate
- Author and maintain technical documentation in knowledge repositories like GitHub, JIRA, and Confluence
- Create ad hoc reports and conduct custom what-if analyses to help size business opportunities
- Analyze results of bandit and A/B tests for consumer website changes
- Contribute to EverQuote culture of data-centricity, where we expect discussions at all levels to be rooted in and guided by data
- Champion the democratization of decision making with data to enable us to embrace diversity of perspectives and direct, if not always comfortable, communication
- 3+ years of data engineering, business intelligence, or analytics experience at an Internet and/or Technology company
- Detailed knowledge of data warehouse architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python preferred)
- Fluent in preparing data for quantitative analysis in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), spreadsheets (e.g., Excel), or analyst notebooks (e.g., Jupyter Notebook)
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization, with both business and technical teams
- Ensures data projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them, and always moving forward productively
- Experience working with agile product/engineering teams and managing data projects based on agile sprint cycles preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interest in the insurance industry and transforming online insurance shopping preferred
- Bachelor’s or Masters in quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or other scientific fields
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.