Senior Data Analyst
We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive better decision making across edX and for our partners.
This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team. You will build reports and conduct analysis to enable cross-functional teams and influence decisions across the organization. Improving use of data is one of edX’s top strategic priorities. Your work will have a major and highly visible impact on our mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports. Design data models and write ETL scripts. Ensure accuracy and alignment with desired business objectives.
- Provide data and analysis to support decisions across all departments and for end customers.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Influence decisions at all levels of the organization, including presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Innovate new ways analysis of data can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience analyzing real world data.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including strong SQL skills and experience with a scripting language such as Python/R.
- Demonstrably strong business orientation and propensity toward action.
- Ability to draw scientifically robust conclusions from data, and attention to detail.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, or an MBA with a strong quantitative bent.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a company early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.