We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive data-based decision making across edX. As a Sr. Data Analyst working side-by-side with the cross-functional Engagement team, you’ll focus on our learner-facing digital platform, which engages learners globally with educational content and programs types.
Integrating data insights across a range of business and product decisions is a top edX strategic priority. This is an opportunity to create tremendous value for edX and our global learners as we build a world-class data team of analysts and data scientists - individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity and communication skills.
In this role, your work will have a major and highly visible impact on edX’s mission of providing high-quality education to everyone, everywhere. Your analyses around user behaviors and product experimentation will help shape decisions as edX innovates and continues to build out our learner-facing offerings.
The Data team’s work lies at the foundation of all that edX does. Our work spans the infrastructure to provide accurate, timely and usable data to the insights that shape business reporting and decision-making, product innovation, customer-facing data offerings and more.
The Data team comprises data engineers, data analysts and scientists and works closely with product engineering, and business stakeholders across the organization to enable edX to drive value from its data. If you are looking to make an outsized impact on an organization, Data is the place for you!
- Be a driving influencer in the use and application of analysis to solve business problems
- Inform the design and analyze the outcomes of in-platform tests and experiments
- Define (or redefine) the leading indicators of success for your team.
- Define, develop and monitor the metrics or dashboards to enable reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Become an expert in translating your team’s needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights
- Leverage a range of financial, learner-related and behavioral data to uncover issues or opportunities your teams can use to innovate and improve the product and learner experience
- Collaborate with data engineering and your analytics peers to identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions
- Communicate findings to stakeholders at all levels of the organization with a point of view and a desire to enable your teams to make a data-driven decision.
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Hands-on experience working with large datasets: particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration
- Experience with user behavioral analyses, experimental design and a/b test analyses
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including strong SQL skills and experience with a scripting language such as Python, R, or others
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker Power BI); web-based analytical tools (e.g., Amplitude, Optimizely, Segment) - or demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed
- Knowledge of analytical development tools (e.g., Git, dbt)
- Experience working programmatically with both structured and unstructured data
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you! edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.