Senior Data Analyst, APAC Marketplace at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 3+ years experience with quantitative analysis including handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
• Experience working with large datasets with technical skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
• Experience developing and operating large-scale data structures for business intelligence analytics using data modeling, SQL
• Experience using Tableau to effectively visualize and demonstrate proposed user interface dashboard and scorecard solutions
• Travel industry (OTA, Airline, Hospitality, etc.) experience preferred
• Hands-on, extensive knowledge and experience of working with large databases, data mining and business intelligence tools (SQL expertise required; BigQuery/GCP, Tableau, and Python experience a plus)
• Working knowledge of analytical tools, such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, or Tableau
• Working experience or knowledge of APAC travel markets
• Excellent written and verbal communication; extremely proficient in presentation writing tools (e.g., Power Point, Slides)
• The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
• Passion for travel and business
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced data analyst to join our growth team to support Hopper’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) market expansion.
Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2020. In fact, Hopper is recovering faster than the sector at large and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travelers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control. In 2021, Hopper will enter APAC, the world’s largest regional travel market to extend the success achieved in the North American Market (NAM) and benefit a larger user group.
You’ll be responsible for improving Hopper’s APAC marketplace business intelligence, evaluating value and power of supply changes (Air, Hotels or Cars etc.), analyzing business development deals and owning competitive pricing reporting. We’re looking for an attention-to-details and results-driven professional to help drive Hopper’s competitiveness in APAC from a data analytics perspective.
- Responsible for developing automated, scalable reporting and analytics solutions
- Analyze performance, identify internal & external trends from data, troubleshoot issues, identify new opportunities and address ad hoc data requests
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) able to clean, massage, and organize the dataUsing multiple data sources, create reporting and performance monitoring tools and dashboards for end users
- Partner with internal and external team members to design relevant data visualizations using Tableau and work with team members to build dashboards for data quality and analysis
- Ability to analyze and extract relevant information from large, complicated data sets of structured and unstructured data.
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required, both verbally and written.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, reporting tools and structures to track key metrics
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US)
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description