At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper is looking for a data-savvy individual to lead data-centric product development and complex business intelligence projects within our core air travel business unit. In this role you would draw powerful insights from our real-time feed of billions of flight search results and archives of several trillion data points. To succeed at Hopper you need the talent, passion, and experience to thrive in a highly performing company.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Frame and conduct complex exploratory analyses needed to deepen our understanding of Hopper users.
- Partner with product, business and strategy teams to leverage this user understanding to drive product improvements and other initiatives
- Use machine learning and big data tools on tremendously large and complex data sets to enhance our data-driven, personalized travel advice
- Construct and manage a continuous series of A/B experiments to measure the business impact of both user facing and back end system changes
- Conduct research into various aspects of our business and employ statistical and modeling techniques when appropriate to make recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Create advanced dashboards for product experiment tracking and business unit performance analysis using Amplitude and Tableau
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at a Business to Consumer company
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical output to a non-technical audience
- A strong passion for and extensive experience in conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Demonstrated expertise with a data visualization tool (Tableau preferred) and project analysis tool such as Amplitude
- Skills working with relational databases and SQL, especially Hive and Google Big Query
- Experience working with extremely large data sets
- Experience in Pandas, R, SAS or other tools appropriate for large scale data preparation and analysis
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux environments as well as GCP
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description