Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?Senior Compensation Analyst
CarGurus is looking for an inquisitive, motivated, analytical Senior Compensation Analyst with the ability to creatively multi-task. Within this cross-functional and transparent role, you will be a valuable member of the People & Talent Team and will partner with various stakeholders and conduct in-depth analyses to help build and deploy driven, compliant, scalable, and innovative compensation programs to support our thriving company, so we can attract, retain, and empower current and future Gurus!What you’ll do:
- Assess alignment with internal and external total compensation data to ensure our program is internally equitable, externally driven, and continues to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Establish credibility as a subject-matter specialist and act as a trusted advisor throughout the business.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to capture and detail job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Partner with business leaders across CarGurus, including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Finance, and Accounting, to provide comprehensive insight, interpretation, and financial impact regarding compensation-related programs.
- Work closely to understand the business and provide proactive compensation analysis and solutions to address business needs. Use analytic tools to support leaders, managers, and employees in decision-making.
- Play a key role in the year-end compensation planning and performance review processes. Provide direction for compensation changes related to Promotions and Adjustments. Assist with Annual Bonus and Equity planning.
- Lead compliance with applicable regulatory requirements regarding employee pay while staying up to date on current related legislation (FLSA).
- Benchmark new and/or revised job descriptions, analyze internal and external data to resolve appropriate job level, provide salary recommendations.
- Lead annual compensation survey submission process, collect and maintain a live-library of market match codes within Workday (HRIS system) for ongoing, internal analysis.
- A positive attitude, passion, and partnership with the People & Talent team.
- 5+ years of compensation-or-related experience with at least 3 years of program design experience.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence business leaders with insight through data analysis.
- Sophisticated ability in developing spreadsheets with formulas, functions, tables, and lookups. Build interactive tools to automate and improve processes and enhance analysis.
- Data-driven results- while navigating a fast-paced environment.
- Proven attention to detail and excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Maturity to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information.
- A solid understanding of the importance of data accuracy.
- Experience with HRIS and Compensation systems (prefer Workday, Radford).
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with equity administration/compensation is a major plus.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.