Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Clinical Data Science / Humana is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to support the build-up and maintenance of integrative analytics platform as well as the design and implementation of health economics and outcomes research studies derived from such platforms. As part of the Clinical Data Science team, your main responsibilities would primarily involve the following:
- Lead healthcare analytics visualization projects
- Support and lead initiatives during development of cloud based analytics platform
- Work collaboratively to design, build and maintain an integrative data and analytics platform from Administrative claims and other data sources to support research and reporting
- Work collaboratively to optimally apply data warehouse, cloud and BI architecture, data science and visualization tools and techniques (i.e. dashboards)
- Identify and understand business and clinical issues to map these issues into quantitative questions
- Coordinate the integration of data to determine clinical and economic trends and impact
- Work with complex health care databases to produce statistical output and interpret results
- Communicate insights and analytical findings to a broad range of audiences
- Experience using PowerBI tool stack including visualizations, data flows, PowerApps, etc.
- Familiarity with big data languages such as R, Python/PySpark and familiarity with cloud architecture
- Experience in developing OLAP cubes in SAS, PySpark, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of technical experience in data analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced in SQL, SAS and other data systems
- Experience with tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors