You will lead the Data Engineering and Analysis effort at Markforged and help continue our explosive growth by developing business tools and supporting our data infrastructure to empower nearly every team in the company. You will manage a pipeline and database that handles millions of data points, as well as the SQL and Business Intelligence tools to make sense of that data.
You will invent solutions to address ambiguous problems, and enable others to consume this intelligence. You will propose and define metrics for business reporting and product/process performance monitoring. You will extract, integrate and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports, and dashboards to communicate your findings and leverage self-service tools to internal stakeholders.
You will provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. You should have excellent business and communication skills to collaborate with business owners to draw insights from data to answer questions to key business questions.
- Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs
- Leverage SQL to develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting
- Full life cycle development, implementation, and production support of the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- Experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports
- Experience with query development, and visualization: SQL
- Have basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby , Bash
- Master’s degree in engineering or a related quantitative field
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews
- Experience migrating data from legacy databases to modern databases like Snowflake
- 4+ years experience as a business intelligence leader
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. We believe in “doing it right the first time” and investing in code quality, testing, tooling and infrastructure. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across Materials Science, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description