Senior Business Analyst (GIS) III at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA (Food Lion, Stop & Shop, Giant-Martins, Hannaford, Giant Food, Peapod) and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Serves as an expert in spatial analysis of demographic, store, and customer data.
- Explores applications for mobility and customer segmentation data.
- Delivers results on ad-hoc requests using GIS in a fast-paced environment; shows ability to respond to changing priorities with fact-based solutions.
- Develops spatial models and scripts to solve complex business problems.
- Provides GIS training and troubleshooting for basic/rudimentary GIS users.
- Discovers new business applications for spatial analysis.
- Evaluates alternative GIS software solutions; demonstrates enterprise/web GIS products for potential users.
- Works a with wide range of internal customers to understand their spatial problems and deliver practical GIS solutions.
- Develops and modifies GIS software applications and interfaces based on customer needs.
- Getting better everyday (or at least every other day).
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree required; Geography or GIS degree preferred
- 5+ years of GIS experience
- 3+ years ArcGIS 10.x experience
- Experience with Business Analyst extension and/or Retail GIS analysis
- Experience with ArcGIS Online/Portal/Enterprise
- Advanced skills with ModelBuilder and/or Python/ArcPy
- Proficient with MS Office apps and Macros or VBA; especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of relational database management systems and SQL
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focused
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to travel infrequently
- Attention to detail
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.