Senior Backend Engineer, Machine Data Factory
As a senior backend engineer on the Machine Data Factory team, you will create sophisticated systems and infrastructure for the automated processing, modeling and cleansing of machine-generated field data. Your expertise in systems development will help us create best-in-class tools for analyzing and processing enormous amounts of rich data.
Indigo helps farmers make informed and sustainable choices.The Machine Data Factory team plays a key role in ensuring that our customers can trust the ground truth data behind Indigo’s recommendations. Join us and help shape this crucial 1.0 product.
As a backend engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with product managers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’ve been building applications professionally for 4+ years.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have deep experience in one or more imperative programming languages. We work in Python 3 but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
TODO: Add call to action here. (Looking for a challenge? Make a difference? etc)
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.