Senior Analyst at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
• 2-5 years of experience in a quant or analytical role
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Expertise in relational databases and SQL
• Proficient in Python and/or R
• Tableau and Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
• Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
• Ideally experience building data infrastructure (e.g., designing architecture, building data pipelines, implementing scalable monitoring) and implementing reporting solutions
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to recognize problems and find solutions autonomously
About the job
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Finance team. This person will collaborate with our other Finance teams and the Data Science group, to write and update complex SQL queries to help automate finance efforts, monitor revenue, develop statistical forecasts for revenue and growth, analyze our marketing efforts and performance, and will ultimately be an expert on all our financial data infrastructure. This person will also interact with the Engineering, Product and Sales teams to work together defining our automation efforts.
- Provide quantitative analysis, business understanding and strategic insights to help Hopper make smart, data-driven decisions.
- Develop statistical forecasts for revenue and user growth at both a product and company-wide level
- Demonstrate competency and ownership of nuanced SQL code used to compile underlying revenue and COGS tables, with deep understanding of processes and sources associated with them
- Automate several financial efforts using SQL and Python
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, particularly in our financial reporting automation efforts
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description