Senior Analyst, Financial Controls & Compliance at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:07 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
We are seeking a Sr. Analyst to assist in building a best-in-class effective and efficient Controls & Compliance function, with a strong understanding of accounting, finance, and SOX compliance, for a fast-growing company. The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for risk identification and mitigation, creating and maintaining risk and controls documentation, process flowcharts, and narratives; performing walkthroughs; and testing of internal controls design and operating effectiveness. Additionally, the Sr. Analyst will help drive the execution of special projects related to operational and control improvements, systems implementation, and other ad hoc initiatives across the organization to drive towards a sustainable best-in-class Finance department.
- Participate in the annual risk and scope assessment and update company risk matrices
- Manage internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, process narratives, and risk control matrices
- Perform initial and annual walk-throughs of key business processes with business owners and internal and external auditors to assess adequacy of control design effectiveness
- Design and implement an effective control framework that supports SOX and internal controls over financial reporting and operations
- Test design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Prepare clear, concise, and adequately referenced work papers to document test procedures performed and conclusions
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of Segregation of Duties (SOD) and ensure any conflicts have mitigating controls
- Identify gaps and control deficiencies, assess severity of deficiencies, and track and monitor remediation of deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Act as liaison and coordination point between business/function control owners and internal/external audit on SOX controls design, testing, and remediation
- Execute quarterly 302 certification process
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and promote function as a trusted partner and advisor
- Support ongoing M&A activities, including on-boarding and integration efforts/processes, system implementations, strategic initiatives, and other large projects/activities
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Professional qualifications highly desirable (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
- 5 plus years of experience, with some Big 4 Experience or other relevant controls and compliance experience at a public company
- Experience developing test plans, performing testing and concluding on the operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Experience flowcharting business processes, preparing risk and control matrices and writing process narratives or policies
- Strong knowledge of COSO, SOX Controls, GAAP, IFRS, and SEC regulations
- Effective at building strong relationships and working collaboratively with others across departments and at all levels to meet shared objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex information, clearly and concisely
- Proficient in excel and data analysis
- Proactive with strong organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, and project management
- Analytical and process mindset with creative thinking
- Self-motivated and highly enthusiastic with ability to thrive and deliver in a fast paced, ambiguous, and dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and accountability with willingness and ability to dig into details to accomplish tasks and complete projects
- Background in IT audit/controls and/or data analytics a plusRetail and/or Consumer Products industry experience a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.