Security Analyst at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
As Security Analyst, you will join our Technology Operations team to secure Markforged networks and compute environments. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost-effective manner. To succeed here, you need to be a quick learner and have a passion for the latest security technologies. As a rapidly evolving company, Markforged takes stability, scalability, and security seriously and wants someone that feels the same.
You will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving excellence, and building a great company. You will analyze and establish security requirements, train employees in security awareness, and defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. You will report to the Information Security Manager.
- Conduct risk assessments on third-party vendors and technology
- Assist with responding to customer security reviews
- Run phishing and social engineering tests
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and policies
- Conduct user access reviews
- Triage and respond to security requests and incident reports
- Monitor the computing environment for unusual activity
- Produce high quality documentation
- Maintain awareness of current threats and security technologies
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 1 year of experience in Information Security or IT Security
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system or knowledge base
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical employees
- Ability and strong desire to work with minimal supervision in an environment with changing priorities and multiple projects
- Highly organized, precise with great attention to detail
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.