Scientist- Platform Data Integration
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for a scientist to join our dynamic science team. The scientist will be an active individual contributor in data projects, and will engage with and support activities both internally and with customer organizations involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, and contribution of expertise around data and specific research databases. The scientist will work individually and as part of the team in a stimulating environment founded and led by scientific and industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development and growth. More experienced individuals may have additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, and mentoring.
ResponsibilitiesThe following duties Include, but, are not limited to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetion’s measurement system and approach to modeling research data, and the process of connecting data to the platform.
- Develop and provide healthcare data expertise to both internal and external Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases. Validate and document database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge and understanding of data and the platform to customers and teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development and written communications, and delivery of training sessions and presentations.
- Develop data algorithms and data best practices.
- Develop innovative solutions, and approaches and apply them in specification documents and code.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets such as support site content, platform libraries, material on data sources, and training curriculum.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Aetion Evidence Platform by actively collecting and cross-functionally addressing user feedback regarding the platform.
- Masters degree or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related quantitative science field with healthcare experience.
- A minimum of one year experience using SQL programming for manipulation and processing of relational databases.
- Strong understanding of relational data, data aggregation methods, and use of healthcare data for medical research; ability to communicate and document related logic in various forms, including visualization, user guides, data dictionaries, and training material.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical thinking, process management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with using health insurance claims/EMR-based databases, disease registries, or other real world data in healthcare research to generate evidence and/or drive business insights.
- Experience with SAS, R, Python, Scala and other programming languages and/or statistical software.
- Experience in extracting large sets of data and design of ETL flows.
- Experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop, EMR), traditional RDBMS (such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience building data pipelines utilizing Python or Java or Scala.
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical and software tools, and computing environments.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
Candidates with a minimum of four years of relevant experience and strong expertise may be considered for a Senior Scientist role.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meet-ups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law.