Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join an energetic team developing, testing, and integrating advanced audio processing technology for multi-user speech applications on embedded platforms. This research engineering position is with the Core Technology Engine group, responsible for the development, productization and maintenance of all AI engines within Nuance.
- Provide C++ and C software support for research team and product engineering with emphasis on usage, evaluation, and development of audio processing technology.
- Integrate support of Nuance’s speech signal enhancement software on embedded device.
- Develop test infrastructure supporting researchers in evaluating performance of speech signal processing technology.
- Collaborate with researchers for integration of advanced and emerging audio processing solutions
- Analyze and refactor signal enhancement code
Number of Years of Work Experience: 1-2 years
- Experience developing using object oriented design principles with C++ (or other programming language)
- Experience working on large (100K+ lines of code) code base
- Experience with research engineering role with emphasis on algorithmic efficiency in production-quality code
- Understanding of computer science principles and application to software development practices
- Experience with Python
- Refactoring experience dealing with legacy code (preferably C or C++)
- Experience developing for Linux OS environments
- Proven success working in a small team environment amidst several other teams contributing to the product development.
- Interested in speech recognition technology and the ability to grasp algorithms quickly.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (listening and delivering).
- Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams local and remote (spread over many countries and continents).
- Experience with Tensorflow
- Experience with git and JIRA
- Experience developing on Android platform.
- Programming skills with MATLAB
- Experience with audio processing
- Background knowledge and hands-on experiences with signal processing technologies.
- Good knowledge on acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming and noise reduction technology
- Academic or professional background in digital signal processing, speech and audio Science processing or similar
Education: The candidate should have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.