Reporting & Data Management Consultant at MassMutual
Consulting and Analytics
- Act as a consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key HR partners in collaboration with other members of the people reporting and analytics team
- Apply expertise in quantitative & qualitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence and support talent decisions
- Expertise in conducting descriptive analysis on People data and providing end to end story
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to HR to understand report/data requirements and ensure results meet the business needs
- Serve as an escalation point for troubleshooting HR reporting and analytics inquires/issues
- Leverage available tools, to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
- Providing data to external vendors such as survey information and maintaining documentation for various reports, processes, data quality and updating them based on changes
- Engage in multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
Workday Report development and design
- Develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports and dashboards utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other organizational tools such as tableau/microstrategy and other available technologies
- Develop and execute system test plans; ensuring delivery of a quality product
- Review system upgrades/releases to determine overall business impact, conduct regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality
- Troubleshoot report related issues and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report performance
- Use Workday request center to support Ad-hoc requests from various stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices
- Actively participate in Workday Community by researching, contributing to content, voting on Brainstorms, etc.
- Promoting Self-Service for HR data,report and dashboards. Creating the educational material for the users to utilize the content within workday.
- Play a significant role in data governance framework by implementing proof of concepts to confirm feasibility of requirements, prioritization of the requests and providing continuous progress update
- Serve as the custodian of the data,ensuring high data quality
- Maintaining high data ethics by ensuring proper approvals before using and sharing the data within the organization.
- Work with technology/security teams to define and create calc fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5-7 years experience
- Minimum 4 years HR data analyst experience, including the ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy with highly confidential data.Understand complexities and nuances with reporting on different organizational hierarchies
- Past experience in descriptive data analysis, HR data metrics, end to end storytelling is must.
- Expertise in Workday HCM report writing (includes creating dashboards in Workday) is a must. Deep knowledge of Workday data sources and complex calc fields
- Functional knowledge on Workday HR modules Core HR, Compensation, Recruiting, Talent Management is required.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel & MS PowerPoint (creating graphics, charts)
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications
- Self-motivated with strong sense of accountability and have demonstrated experience in analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills