Quantitative Business Intelligence Analyst at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the BI Team
Klaviyo is looking for a Quantitative Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team. This person will be creating and implementing models, designing datasets, and analyzing data to drive business impact. They will be responsible for writing and communicating key findings and conclusions to stakeholders throughout the organization. They will also need to jump in as necessary to write ETLs and help maintain the data environment.
How You Will Make a Difference
- This is a cross functional role that requires framing business problems, identifying and obtaining data needed for analysis, synthesizing results and making recommendations to the executive team and other leaders in various departments.
- Developing models around predictive recommendations, marketing attribution, financial forecasts, etc to support the best decision making within the organization.
- Performing hypothesis testing and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends.
- Designing Datasets, writing ETLs and owning data quality
- Creating analysis frameworks to effectively answer strategic questions
- Interacting with customer success, support, product, engineering, sales, and marketing functions.
- This role is a mix of data science, engineering and business analytics.
- Typical business issues will involve framing and solving problems around revenue like acquisition channels, drivers of churn and customer retention, customer lifetime values, product engagement, etc
Who You Are
You are quantitative and curious. You enjoy understanding cause and effect in various business situations. You enjoy finding creative technical solutions to hard problems and are structured in your thinking. Ideal for someone who wants to launch a career in business analytics.
- Engineering, data science, statistics, economics or quantitative background
- Either have a strong technology or strong stats/ML background.
- Experience in scripting with SQL (preferably in Redshift or Snowflake), extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows/tools (Stitch, HEVO, etc)
- Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python, Stata, MATLAB, etc.).
- Experience with advanced analytics/models/basic machine learning: Regression Models, Logit, Elastic Net, tree based like xgBoost, Naive Bayes, etc
- Model Diagnostics and understanding ROC curves, calibration, PDP, LIME, SHAP
- Reporting Tools Tableau or similar
- Someone who is very curious about what makes a business / operation function successful
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner. Art of telling a story with data.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.