Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
About the Role
This Product Analyst role will support our teams, where you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact. Your data insights will play a big part in enabling a fully online retail experience and car purchasing platform. We are looking for thoughtful, daringly curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns and customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products and see opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Experience with Python a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated ability in learning new reporting or BI tools
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.