Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech and listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science
Our data science team takes ideas from inception to new machine learning-powered features that ship to our hundreds of thousands of users. You’ll be central to that mission.
We’re looking for someone to play a senior individual contributor role. Your influence will come from the projects you personally take on, your mentorship of team members, and through your review of experiments and specifications.
Who you are:
- 10 years of industry experience
- You were the main person responsible for the data science or machine learning work behind a product which delivered large business value
- Experience with mass market, SMB and/or consumer products
- Firm and intuitive grasp of the math and fundamentals behind statistical and machine learning techniques. (You likely have an advanced degree in statistics, operations research, math or similar.)
- Skilled at simplifying and explaining complex concepts. (Teaching experience a plus.)
- Capable and efficient with code and data access
How you will make a difference:
- Personally take on the modeling, statistical and/or machine learning portions of experiments, investigations, and/or features we’re building.
- Lead through influence. Mentor other members of the team. Help our group think about problems clearly and employ appropriate techniques.
- Review experimental designs, reports, feature specifications and other planning and output documents from team members.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.