Principal Data Engineer at Akili Interactive Labs (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Digital Therapeutics is creating innovative user journeys spanning patients, caregivers, and health care providers, creating unique opportunities for data-fueled products and features that will transform the definition and delivery of medicine. Akili is seeking a Principal Data Engineer to steer our operational and analytical data infrastructure into that digital future.
- Anchoring the Data Engineering team in solid engineering discipline, while delivering exceptional code.
- Driving the strategic selection, design, and implementation of technologies to enable comprehensive availability and usability of data.
- Managing computing/storage resources and third-party tooling, to balance performance and cost (both person-time and money).
- 10+ years as a software engineer, 5+ years specifically in data engineering
- Expert-level SQL, high proficiency with Python (especially the Pandas/NumPy data stack)
- Deep knowledge of storage, transport, and encoding of diverse formats.
- Fluency with the AWS data ecosystem
- Fundamental understanding of the principles for managing privacy and security of user data
- Bonus: DevOps chops, productionisation of ML models
At Akili, we are committed to:
- Be Bold - We are pioneers. We take risks, embrace discomfort, aim high, and act fearlessly. We break down barriers for our patients.
- Be Creative - We are inventors. Our success is dependent upon thinking beyond the status quo. We are extremely open-minded, take nothing for granted, and create unprecedented solutions for our patients.
- Be Inclusive - We hear ALL voices. We encourage all input, embracing our strengths and leveraging our differences, and treat each other (and our patients) with utmost respect.
- Be Accountable - We own it. We take responsibility for our own work and the success of our colleagues. We make, and keep our commitments. Our patients are counting on us to hold each other to the highest standard.
- Be Well -We improve lives. We are committed and obsessed with the health of our patients, employees, and ourselves. All in service of improving the well being of the world.
About Akili Interactive
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Akili is, by our very nature, founded on diversity. We are composed of employees from incredibly diverse industries such as gaming, software, clinical research, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry, all coming together with a common mission; to challenge the status quo of medicine. Inclusivity and wellness are 2 of our foundational cultural commitments.
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.