People Analytics Manager at Toast (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Collaborate with the People Team (Talent Acquisition, People Success, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, People Operations and Learning & People Development) to help develop and execute on Toast’s people analytics and technology strategy. You will use your systems and analytics expertise to evaluate and impact every step of the employee journey at Toast. What sets this role apart from a traditional analyst is that it combines business strategy, people, process, and data. To be successful, you’ll need to excel at gathering requirements, developing hypotheses & analyzing large and disparate data sets, discovering unconventional relationships across data sources, and informing/influencing stakeholders on programs and processes that surface actionable people insights. If you’re excited about contributing to a vision, and getting in the weeds to help execute on it, this role is a good fit.
About this roll*
- Develop a strategy to make people programs more data-driven including: pre-hire assessment, hiring, on-boarding, referrals, internal mobility, employee engagement, employee surveys, employee development and diversity initiatives
- Empower change agents at all levels of the organization to better attract, engage, and retain top talent
- Design, produce, optimize, and automate customized dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analyses across all people functions
- Provide and present data insights to senior leadership across the organization
- Identify data trends and provide data driven recommendations
- Implement a data ethics & integrity strategy across all systems, including data entry, ongoing development, auditing, & monitoring of data quality & confidentiality standards
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's Degree, 4+ years experience in an advanced analytical position
- Experience stitching together and analyzing large and disparate datasets in an effective and scalable manner (python proficiency is a plus).
- Experience with any of the tools in our technical stack: Greenhouse, Workday, CultureAmp, Looker, and more
- Experience or enthusiasm to work in a Talent Acquisition, People Analytics, or Human Resources department
- Experience designing and implementing experiments and/or assessing the effectiveness of people and learning programs.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills; ability to communicate complicated solutions in a simple, digestible way with data
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis methods and best practices
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in SQL, and exposure using a data visualization tool like Looker, Tableau or similar
- Experience working with confidential data
- Desire and enthusiasm for operating in the gray
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry, and supporting an R&D function is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.