People Analytics Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
Collaborate with the People Team (Talent Acquisition, People Success, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, People Operations and Learning & People Development) to help develop and execute on Toast’s people analytics and technology strategy. You will use your systems and analytics expertise to evaluate and impact every step of the employee journey at Toast. What sets this role apart from a traditional analyst is that it combines business strategy, people, process, and data. To be successful, you’ll need to excel at gathering requirements, developing hypotheses & analyzing large and disparate data sets, discovering unconventional relationships across data sources, and informing/influencing stakeholders on programs and processes that surface actionable people insights. If you’re excited about contributing to a vision, and getting in the weeds to help execute on it, this role is a good fit.
About this roll*
- Develop a strategy to make people programs more data-driven including: pre-hire assessment, hiring, on-boarding, referrals, internal mobility, employee engagement, employee surveys, employee development and diversity initiatives
- Empower change agents at all levels of the organization to better attract, engage, and retain top talent
- Design, produce, optimize, and automate customized dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analyses across all people functions
- Provide and present data insights to senior leadership across the organization
- Identify data trends and provide data driven recommendations
- Implement a data ethics & integrity strategy across all systems, including data entry, ongoing development, auditing, & monitoring of data quality & confidentiality standards
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's Degree, 4+ years experience in an advanced analytical position
- Experience stitching together and analyzing large and disparate datasets in an effective and scalable manner (python proficiency is a plus).
- Experience with any of the tools in our technical stack: Greenhouse, Workday, CultureAmp, Looker, and more
- Experience or enthusiasm to work in a Talent Acquisition, People Analytics, or Human Resources department
- Experience designing and implementing experiments and/or assessing the effectiveness of people and learning programs.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills; ability to communicate complicated solutions in a simple, digestible way with data
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis methods and best practices
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in SQL, and exposure using a data visualization tool like Looker, Tableau or similar
- Experience working with confidential data
- Desire and enthusiasm for operating in the gray
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry, and supporting an R&D function is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required