Payments Strategy Manager/Director
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Toast Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a Payments Strategy Manager/Director to join the Toast Payments team with a specific focus on payments pricing strategy. S/he will focus on all Toast Payments pricing and packaging initiatives for existing and new Payments products in partnership with Product Marketing, Product, Sales and Customer Success teams. S/he will develop a data-driven approach to execute Payments pricing optimization from planning and development, implementation to measurement and ongoing iteration.
The role will report to the Sr. Director of Payments & Strategy and will have substantial leadership exposure. We are looking for driven candidates who crave impact, thrive in ambiguity, and want to experience a start-up in hyper-growth.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product, Sales and Customer Success teams to design, develop and implement payments pricing and packaging initiatives and strategy
- Become the Payments pricing market expert with a deep understanding of the Payments Processing industry
- Develop, refine and report out on key performance indicators of Payments business as it relates to pricing and pricing strategy
- Develop scalable processes to collect feedback directly from the field as well as the industry
Do you have the right Ingredients*?
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role or consultancy; experience in the payment processing industry is required
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives; ability to present business cases to leadership, including directly to the executive team
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves, pull at threads and be deep in the trenches when needed
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, or R are a bonus