Operations Engineer I - Reliability Team at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is seeking an Operations Engineer (AKA Solutions Engineer) who loves to know everything about everything, to join our Ordering Integrations team. As an Integrations Solutions Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and improving the health of our order ahead platform integrations, crushing bugs, and thinking down the line to improve the product. This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments with an interest in software development, operations, and testing.
The Impact You Will Make
- Diagnose, triage, and resolve errors related to the POS ordering experience in Grubhub Marketplace, merchant branded experiences (mobile and web apps), and channels that leverage Grubhub’s ordering APIs
- Coordinate with internal engineers or partner developers to fix bugs in a timely fashion
- Maintain a pulse on order ahead performance; root cause bugs and general errors that might arise to prevent future complications
- Proactively identify opportunity areas for the integrated ordering experience to improve by working cross-functionally with internal teams
What You Bring to the Table
- A natural curiosity, enjoy problem-solving, can prioritize like nobody’s business, and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A strong drive with the ability to follow through on assignments.
- Experience with writing SQL queries and experience with project management tools (We use Jira).
- A love for data and making decisions based on data.
- A positive outlook even when things go sideways.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific)
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.