Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Risk Analyst will report to the Lead Risk Analyst and will be responsible for underwriting customers across Toast’s portfolio of products, handling risk-related escalations from other operational teams, and fulfilling law enforcement requests. They will also support the Lead Risk Analyst in rolling out new initiatives and building a comprehensive program that keeps Toast and our customers safe.
What You Will Do:
- Underwrite customers across Toast’s product portfolio
- Manage escalations from other teams within Toast
- Interface with Fraud Team to create a holistic Fraud and Risk program
- Report unusual activity to banking and processing partners and fulfill law enforcement requests
- Document and maintain policies and procedures
- Ensure consistent record keeping and tracking across compliance-related cases
- Make determinations on gray-area cases and decide when to escalate cases to the Lead Risk Analyst, Legal, and Compliance
- Assist in building out a world-class BSA/AML program
- Become a subject matter expert regarding Toast’s payment solutions, fraud prevention tools and deeply understand the payments value proposition and how Toast Payments specifically meets restaurant needs
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 0-2 years of experience in a compliance-related role, payments and/or BSA/AML experience a plus
- Experience with analyzing transaction histories
- Curiosity and strong investigative skills, able to form a narrative around large sets of data
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives with minimal oversight
- SQL skills a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required