MDM Data / Solution Architect at MassMutual
What great looks like for this role:
Our ideal Advanced Master Data Management (MDM) Solution Architect is a collaborative leader skilled in designing and constructing highly scalable data management solutions. As a solution / data architect, you have an in-depth understanding of data management concepts such as processing large volumes of data on a distributed environment preferably Spark/Hadoop as well as real time data processing. You have experience designing data models specifically for a Master Data Management (MDM) platform. You are extremely conscious of data quality and are able to define data security techniques to manage the organization’s most valuable asset. You are also highly analytical and can multi task where you may need work on defining solutions for multiple projects simultaneously. You are also familiar with cloud environments such as AWS.
As an experienced member of the team, you will use your skills to develop, monitor, and manage the MDM ecosystem across our platform and data management best practices and standards. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Engineering team at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role:
- Design, build, and maintain a high-performance multi domain MDM database.
- Design end-to-end data flow from source to target preferably for in-cloud data solutions.
- Implement database techniques to ensure ‘golden record’ creation across multiple domains.
- Develop innovative solutions to maintain a single view of customer, product and other master data domains.
- Design, build, and maintain a high-performance master data management data model
- Create standards for match, merge, unmerge and data access to enterprise master data
- Define data profiling guidelines and integration standards
- Create custom software components e.g. matching algorithms, golden record rule
- Work across departments and business units to define MDM data needs
- Translate high-level business requirements into technical specs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related
- 10+ years of experience with designing and building logical and physical data models
- 5 to 7 years of experience with MDM data models
- 5 to 7 years of experience with data distribution techniques and platforms
- Strong understanding of data integration techniques
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience developing solutions on AWS or other cloud platforms
- Able to work independently
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship
- Master’s in computer science
- Experience with Large Data sets (Big Data) , Spark,
- Experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, Vertica, Redshift, Teradata)
- Experience with designing an automating deployment process (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as Python.on/Scala