Manager, People Analytics - Commercial Finance at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• A degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Maths, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
• 3+ years of experience working in the field of Data & Analytics - developing and leading analytics based interventions that have driven business performance
• Expertise in SQL/python and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for using data to solve business problems and a passion for the impact People Analytics can have on business performance
• Experience of operating and analysing internal people data collation (via surveying for example) and recommending/taking appropriate actions
• Creative and innovative problem solving
• Experience in program and vendor management
• Technology industry experience is an asset
• Expertise in statistical & predictive analytics and scenario modelling
About the job
As Manager, People Analytics your day-to-day job, whether it’s building models, assessing our data gaps, performing in-depth analysis of people related data, will be towards helping the business make sound people related decisions. Through your analytical ingenuity you will aid in optimizing recruiting and other core HR functions as well as driving the best employee experience. You will understand the business deeply, enabling you to contribute to maximising the return on our investments in our people. In Finance, we are both the forest and the leaves, meaning that you need to be obsessed with details and capture the nuances behind the numbers while also understanding the bigger picture. You are a business driven person, not afraid of wearing the analytics and strategy hats at the same time, competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with large data sets, distilling insights and ways of thinking about the future. You will also be a strong program manager, able to think creatively about end to end employee engagement as well as having the nous to manage vendors.
- Own the integrity of people related data at the company and automate people related reporting, maintaining its relevance as the company scales and grows in complexity
- Complete relevant descriptive analysis to connect people data with business data and inform business leaders decision making
- Automate people related planning (including financial outcomes) through the development and linkage of people related systems
- Consolidate data collection by maximising efficiency and timing of surveys and identifying other ways of collecting information that are less intrusive and time-demanding for the end user.
- Assist in the development of the employee benefits plans
- Oversee the full program and vendor management related to employee engagement across the employee lifecycle
- Develop hypotheses and define and run analytics projects to support areas of strategic focus
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Base pay range
$90k - $115k USD
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description