Manager of Credit Risk Strategy at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a high performing analytically minded professional to help lead credit and risk strategy for Toast Capital. Toast Capital is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toast, Inc. that offers Toast’s restaurant partners fast and flexible financing for any business need. The ideal candidate will have a highly analytical skill-set and be able to work with both data science and business professionals to deliver meaningful insights into portfolio performance.
What you will do:
- Design and manage all risk and portfolio management functions for Toast Capital including new product offerings; credit cards, lines of credit, term loans, etc.
- Coordinate across Data Science, Business Intelligence, Legal, and Compliance to interpret, update, and maintain key credit policies and procedures
- Oversee the development and design of key dashboards and manage risk metrics to provide visibility to all stakeholders
- Review and manage all Toast Capital portfolio risk on a daily basis
- Report key portfolio health metrics to Toast Capital stakeholders and inform strategic growth strategies based on portfolio analysis
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelors or Masters degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working in a Credit Risk role that drives business decisions through analytics
- Expertise in core credit risk functions, such as underwriting analysis, loss forecasting, monitoring, and credit risk policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with both technical and business professionals
- Familiarity with data manipulation techniques and pros / cons to different statistical methods of analysis
- Ability to not only interpret data but leverage innovative thinking to hypothesize, design tests, create new data and deploy data science or statistical methods
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role
- Experience with languages that facilitate data gathering, manipulation, and data science (SQL, Python, R, SAS, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills, including familiarity with power query, pivot-tables, macros, and other techniques
- An ability to mentor data science and data analytics teams
- Prior experience in credit risk and portfolio strategy with short duration MCA/SMB Loan products; in-depth knowledge of credit risk models
- Prior experience designing partnerships and managing relationships with third party data vendors