Manager, Business Intelligence at Skillsoft
Manager, Business Intelligence
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Reporting to the VP, Business Intelligence; the Visual Reporting Manager will support, maintain, design and expand automated business intelligence products.
The Visual Reporting Manager provide leadership/oversight and governs the preparation and distribution of compelling, insightful, visually appealing and information packed reports and dashboards to decision makers throughout the company.
By fostering an environment of service design thinking, he/she will motivate and guide team to actively participate in prototyping quick hitting solutions and high-value innovation opportunities for our functional partners.
- Regular evaluation of implemented tools for investment productivity and effectiveness. Continually assess functional capabilities vs. other tools in market and opportunities for enhancing existing or introducing new tools.
- Evolve the existing landscape of reporting through developing new leadership level dashboards and presentations with consistent look and feel within the bounds of our brand.
- Provide thought leadership and data journalism mentorship to other analysts.
- Build and maintain the distribution of push reporting and self-service data products for all levels of the organization, enabling seamless access to information. Ensure federation of data assets while maintaining appropriate privacy and information security requirements.
- Work with team partners on the architecture and supporting data structure to guarantee high-performance, scalable reporting solutions. Routinely assess reporting performance, intercepting impacts from technical changes and guaranteeing customer satisfaction. Define and manage SLA metrics to track the availability and quality of reports and dashboards.
- Rapidly design, develop and implement reporting applications that insert KPI metrics and actionable insights into the operational, tactical and strategic activities of key business functions.
- Maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy in all output, aligning to corporate data dictionaries and templates to ensure consistency in all reporting products.
- Plan all work in detail at design level, creating a holistic and trackable plan. Perform design and quality reviews of own work and work from others.
- Partner with the Data Scientist to translate findings into consumable data stories that highlight patterns, trends and correlations highlighted by statistical studies.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop business cases and evangelize the Business Intelligence mission to influence decision making with supporting analysis. Provide a constant flow of new and innovative ideas into the BI roadmap.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to Excellence – Demonstrates resilience and determination to deliver with high standards. Exhibits attention to detail and a well-organized approach to problem solving.
- Structured thinking – Skilled at setting out ideas and thoughts in a logical pattern. Ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-experts.
- Methodical approach – Practiced at breaking complex tasks into manageable segments and identify mitigation strategies to possible problems or stumbling blocks
- Logical Reasoning – Ability to interpret information and assess resources against business needs. Highly skilled at managing project workloads and priorities to meet deliverables.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits ownership and accountability. Develops challenging but achievable goals.
- Technical Expertise - Proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. SQL, R, etc.). Highly proficient in Visual tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creativity – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise. Demonstrable ability to propose strategies and solutions that challenge / expand current ways of working.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.