Manager of Business Intelligence & Analytics at Rapid7
Rapid7 is looking for a Manager of Business Intelligence to manage, develop and guide a team of analysts, working with internal stakeholders to advance analytics maturity across the enterprise. You’ll help us create and deliver insights that advance our competitive position in the market, you’ll collaborate across the organization to advance not only our visibility to data, but to insights that drive the business forward, all while aligning to strategic goals and core priorities. You’ll be capable of understanding the underlying problems we’re trying to solve, thinking creatively of the most insightful ways to solve them using analytics and continuing our progression up the analytics maturity curve towards pervasive predictive and prescriptive analytics.
The Rapid7 BI & Analytics Team serves as the company’s analytic center of excellence, translating data into high-value, actionable insights for senior leadership and business partners, developing and refining new analyses in response to business needs, and bringing expertise on emerging trends in data analytics and predictive modeling. The team core tenets focus around driving analytic insight, data modeling, data literacy and advanced analytics.
The ideal candidate has not only hands-on experience analyzing large-scale data sets but also demonstrated examples of translating data analyses into insights that drive transformational business outcomes. You’ll collaborate and motivate a team of dedicated analysts to bring a single source of truth and self-service analytics to over 1000 employees. You will partner with business stakeholders to evaluate business questions, design and implement analytical solutions that provide actionable insights on financial performance, sales leading indicators, customer acquisition & retention, marketing efficacy and other related topics.
We’re looking for a leader who thinks strategically, thrives on data, works well through ambiguity, and is willing to dive into the details to execute.Essential Responsibilities
- Develops and mentors team through complex statistical models and quantitative analyses. Guides team on processes for selecting methods and techniques. Leads analyses and modeling when needed.
- Establish and implement a vision and strategy for gathering and managing data requirements and disseminating performance metrics & analytics across Rapid7
- Partner with business stakeholders on projects to develop methodologies, reports and dashboards that provide business insight into leading indicators and provide recommendations that improve operations & enhance business decision making
- Define projects, objectives and prioritization for the team as well as for specific areas of assigned responsibility. Provide insights and recommendations to Head of Analytics on courses of action to achieve team goals.
- Drives project milestones to completion. Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings.
- Develops tools, tests, and dashboard to enable implementation of insights. Supports testing, training, and development of new business practices.
- Enable Rapid7 employees with data literacy to improve self-service analytics across the enterprise
- Recommend, design and operationalize predictive & prescriptive analytic solutions in conjunction with team members
- Develop protocols and manage team productivity and prioritization process
- Skilled at clearly communicating results and direction to a diverse audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Own communication path on timelines, analyses, enablement and manage expectations with internal stakeholders
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Create and deliver impactful presentations for mid-level and senior-level audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years working in analytics with a track record of delivering insights and business impact
- Prior management experience required
- Expertise using data analysis and visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, MS Power BI
- Proficient in SQL, Knowledgable/interest in R, Python or statistical modeling and/or SAS/SPSS
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, ERP, CRM & HCM technologies and data from disparate systems
- Solid understanding of data structures and transformations, experience in data quality processes a plus
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques, such as financial & predictive modeling, regression analysis and ROI measurement
- Team spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, and a customer service orientation
- Track record of managing and improving complex processes, managing through ambiguity and very strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and storytelling skills; experience in communicating with senior stakeholders in an open, direct and professional fashion
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 7000 organizations across 125 countries, including 52% of the Fortune 100. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.