Manager of Accounting Operations
Fuze is a high-growth, venture-backed Boston-based company with more than 700 employees and worldwide operations which was recently named one of Inc Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 2018. Our core values drive the way we conduct business every day and define our company culture. We’re growing at lightning fast speed to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market. In this newly created role, Fuze is seeking a Manager of Accounting Operations to join the Finance & Accounting Team!
- Promote continuous process improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Establish continuous monitoring controls, process/policy documentation and global checklists.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in all NetSuite related activities, such as changes to the global chart of accounts, sets of books, entity reporting hierarchies, user access (security), consolidation mappings and other processes/controls.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between corporate and international teams and ensure concerns from each team is communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete technical research and present findings to ensure proper application of guidance and accuracy of financial statements.
- Participate in monthly global accounting closes including preparation and communication of global close calendars, close progression, and acting as the global point person for related inquiries.
- Prepare and/or review of accounting entries for corporate transactions (i.e. global FX, global intercompany), account reconciliations and fluctuation analysis.
- Participate in the preperation of required financial reporting packages, including; balance sheets, profit & loss statements, and cash flow statements
- Coordinate and review group and corporate intercompany eliminations and reconciliations.
- Manage the global consolidation process for 12+ entities including the accounting, recording of consolidating entries, reconciliation of intercompany and other related transactions.
- Review monthly FX rates for all subsidiaries.
- Ensure that intercompany transactions are consistent with executed agreements, meet the requirements of the Company’s business and tax planning strategies and are properly documented and entered onto each entity’s monthly accounting records.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and Financial Reporting to prepare current and forward-looking analyses of FX impact on Company’s financials.
- Special projects as required.
- 5-7 years in a large public accounting firm (Manager level) or commercial experience with prior working knowledge of NetSuite or equivalent ERP accounting system and foreign operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, foreign currency issues, month end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex accounting issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA license.