Machine Learning Scientist
At PathAI, we're applying machine learning techniques in amazing ways. We develop solutions in pathology that are modernizing healthcare, including detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Our team has some unique and important machine learning challenges to solve; we are focused on advancing medicine and improving patient care.
We're looking for experienced machine learning scientists to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're the right candidate, your day-to-day will look like:
- Understand PathAI’s products and services and introduce technology innovations with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Design, develop and maintain the machine learning infrastructure that powers PathAI
- Research and development of novel machine learning algorithms for the product platform
- Research and development of machine learning algorithms to expand product capabilities
- Participate in building new experiences, improve existing products, ensure quality assurance test designs and contribute to test systems architecture discussions
You will have the opportunity to work in a company culture that puts employees first, is relaxed but focused and hard-working. Every PathAI employee is a contributor to our mission to pioneer better patient care by providing the best, most innovative deep learning tools to biotech, pathologists, clinicians and healthcare organizations. You will work alongside and with leading innovators in the field of deep learning AI and medicine and you will play a critical role in algorithm development.
To be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- PhD in Computer Science or related field required, preferably with a focus on artificial intelligence
- At least two to four years of relevant work experience
- Artificial intelligence software development experience using Python
- Publications or research in fields related to artificial intelligence
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.