Machine Learning Engineer
Examity, the world leader in online test integrity and the fastest-growing Edtech company in the United States, is looking for a dedicated Machine Learning Engineer to join the growing team in our Newton, MA location.
We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer or data scientist with strong developer skills. The Machine Learning Engineer will apply a broad knowledge of AI and ML techniques to design and implement authentication, proctoring and automation solutions across the Examity product line. As part of a fast-growing and innovative team, you will apply creativity to solve technical challenges.
We authenticate and proctor millions of exams each year. As a result, you will have a vast pool of video data to analyze and leverage. You will use your software engineering skills to help build scalable machine learning models that create value across multiple areas of our products. You will work with product management, engineering and our services teams to propose and test models or applications of technologies that can improve proctoring results and create differentiated products and capabilities. You must be hands-on, creative and able to communicate your approach to technical and non-technical stakeholders across the company.
Familiarity and experience (preferable) using multimedia processing:
- Cognitive Learning.
- Facial Detection, Validation, Recognition, Sentiment Analysis frameworks in ML.
- Video/audio processing frameworks.
- System behavior detection frameworks.
- Work with the AI team in building world-class software, functioning as an AI/ML subject matter expert, and successfully deliver ML applications that impact our business.
- Partner with product management to identify opportunities to leverage data science to advance Examity’s learning validation platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams to define, create and operate AI systems at scale.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools in video/audio system tasks/programs processing.
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements in cognitive analysis.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods in user behaviors.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments in user behaviors.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tune using test results.
- Train and retrain systems using video data.
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks in cognitive frameworks.
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Operations Research or a similar field.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- A passion for solving real-world problems with machine learning.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience solving problems in some of the following areas: natural language, machine vision, transfer learning, data labeling and classification, regression, information retrieval, and statistical modeling.
- Experience with ML tools such as Tensorflow js.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or other big data tools is a plus.
- Proficiency in a low-level programming language such as Java or C++.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures and complexity.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast paced and high energy. Examity’s new urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, a flexible work schedule, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.