Machine Learning Engineer / ML Engineer at MassMutual
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Engineering Team, part of Enterprise Technology and Experience, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring an Machine Learning Engineer / ML Engineer to join our Team.
What great looks like for this role:
Our ideal Machine Learning Engineer / ML Engineer is a collaborative leader skilled in designing and constructing highly scalable MDM solutions. As an advanced MDM engineer, you have an in-depth understanding of master data management concepts as well as data integration techniques such as Machine Learning based string-matching algorithms, rule based matching algorithms, construction of a ‘golden record’. You are extremely conscious of data quality and are able to define data security techniques to manage the organization’s most valuable asset. You are also highly analytical and can multi task where you may need work on defining solutions for multiple projects simultaneously.
As an experienced member of the team, you will use your skills to develop, monitor, and manage the MDM ecosystem across our platform and data management best practices and standards. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Engineering team at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role:
- Design, build, and maintain a high-performance multi domain MDM platform.
- Develop ML based matching / merging strategy to meet the mastering needs.
- Ensure the solution implemented adhere to industry best practices.
- Develop innovative solutions to maintain a single view of customer, product and other master data domains.
- Implement solution based on software engineering principals
- Design, build, and maintain a high-performance master data management data model & platform
- Create standards for match, merge, unmerge and data access to enterprise master data
- Create custom software components e.g. matching algorithms, golden record rule
- Develop MDM solution using Machine Learning techniques e.g Spark ML / Scikit-learn / NLP
- Work across departments and business units to define MDM data needs
- Translate high-level business requirements into technical specs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related.
- 5 to 7 years of experience with designing and building MDM platforms.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with ML based structured/unstructured data matching.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with development on distributed platforms
- 5+ years of design & coding and scripting (Python/Scala/Java) experience.
- Strong understanding of data integration techniques.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience developing solutions on AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Ability to work independently.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Master’s in computer science
- Experience with Spark, Spark ML, NLP based modeling techniques
- Experience with database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, Teradata)
- Experience with designing an automating deployment process (CI/CD)