Logistics Analyst at Markforged
As a member of the Markforged Global Logistics team, you will work closely with the 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Carriers, Order Management team, Suppliers and other functions as needed in support of the day to activities related to logistics. In this position, you will be responsible for performing analytics and managing transactions to improve on time delivery, first pass fill rate, logistics cost and other relevant KPIs. In addition, you will be supporting activities related to supply chain process improvement.
- Analyze data, present dashboards and publish reports toward attainment of logistics related objectives and key results as well as for partner business reviews.
- Analyze processes, create process flow diagrams, identify and eliminate waste and write standard operating procedures for processes related to inbound and outbound logistics.
- Manage exceptions of integrated/automated communication of instructions to 3PL through ERP for order fulfillment.
- Perform ERP transactions manually as needed related to all logistics activities. This includes fulfillment transactions for warranty replacement and executing critical shipment requests
- Assist customers with tracking shipments and address any problems or complaints they may have with deliveries.
- Periodically review the logistics cost at a detailed level to identify cost reduction opportunities and support the logistics manager in the implementation of those initiatives.
- Work with 3PLs, transportation providers, and suppliers to reduce waste and create efficiencies.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery and recommend improvements to existing operations.
- Support export compliance related activities through classification, documentation and audits.
- Learn and become a subject matter expert in Sage ERP for supply chain related transactions and reports.
- Actively participate in Kaizen activities to support process improvement in collaboration with sales, order processing, customers, and operations.
- Ensure quality and customer satisfaction throughout the supply chain.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferably a minimum of 0-1 year of related responsibilities working in logistics, supply chain management or transportation operations.
- Strong grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, & management principles.
- Understanding of LEAN concepts and demonstrated ability to apply concepts to daily operations.
- Strong team player with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of logistics, inventory software, and data systems.