LIMs Manager, Data Management
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of a LIMs Manager will support integration and support for the R&D LIMs implementation, maintenance and enhancements. The manager will work with R&D to ensure that all scientists are able to efficiently interact with LIMs as an integrated part of their data capture and tracking in the laboratory. This role reports into the Head of Data Management within Data Strategy and Sciences.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Meets with R&D team members to understand ongoing projects within 30 days
- Works with our third-party LIMS implementation providers on current project within 30 days
- Works closely with internal lead (Joe Flanagan) and LIMS providers to gather requirements for processes to be implemented (ongoing).
- Transition implementation of new LIMS functionality from third-party providers within 120 days
- Able to translate research processes into requirements for LIMS implementation
- Able to prioritize requests/requirements from a diverse group of end-users
- Able to interface with engineering and product management.
- Able to work independently and drive to solutions with minimal direction
- Superior communicator able to keep cross functional projects in line
- Able to prioritize conflicting demands and say no when necessary
- Able to work well in high stress environments and frequent context switching
- Passion for concise and thorough documentation
- Passion for data and technology
- Able to think big picture about data and the integration of many different data streams
- 5+ years LIMS, data management, or data operations experience
- Experience in LIMS development, SQL, excel
- Broad industry experience preferred (data science, tech, life sciences, etc.)
- Experience working across many teams and departments to deliver a data solution
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience working in fast-paced, quickly pivoting environment