Lead Data Scientist at Vistaprint
Please note, this is a proactive search for a role that has been vetted by our leadership team for future hiring. The recruiting team and hiring managers remain active in discussions with interested, qualified individuals and are committed to being transparent on timelines throughout the process. Thank you.
Who We Are:
Vistaprint’s Data and Analytics (DnA) organization is working to make our company one of the world’s most well-known and successful data-driven companies. The cross-functional team includes product owners, analysts, technologists, data engineers and more – all focused on providing Vistaprint with information and tools we can use to deliver jaw-dropping customer value. DnA team members are empowered to learn new skills, communicate openly and be active problem-solvers.
What You Will Do:
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be a “go-to” domain specialist in data science and machine learning, leading the charge on ground breaking work, mentoring more junior data scientists, and guiding the organization on methodology and best practices. You will also drive high-profile projects - not just delivering solutions, but helping to seek out new opportunities and own the creation of innovative solutions. Your statistical, computer science and business domain expertise will have a significant impact to our business from day one.
You will join a core team of Data Scientists, working alongside Marketers, Analysts, Engineers and Product Owners to forge new paths and redefine how data is utilized to deliver value. You’ll seek ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
- Engage with cross-functional business partners to identify analytical project requirements, discuss methodologies and determine deliverables.
- Learn, practice, and lead others in using new tools in an ambitious technical environment that combines both coding skills, web technologies and real-time data.
- Analyze pre-existing models and algorithms; provide suggestions on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, to drive value to the organization
- Deliver a range of custom Data Science projects that may include Recommendation Systems, Price Optimization; Time Series Modeling; Customer Lifetime Value Customer, Propensity Modelling); Image Recognition, etc.
- Act as a thought leader within the Data Science team, staying ahead of the latest trends and technologies
- 5+ years machine learning and modeling experience, and have delivered multiple projects as a lead scientist or in a similar capacity
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Hands on experience using “big data technologies”
- Experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Experience of designing and building DS products for ecommerce like recommendation systems, forecasts, Customer Lifetime Value Models, etc.
- Business partner management; ability to independently communicate technical and statistical concepts to non-practitioners, and influence the application.
Nice to Have:
- Spark, Java, Scala
- Bayesian Statistics
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Agile working methodology
- Relevant work in an e-commerce environment
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, “Vistabreak”, to name a few! Here in Waltham, we offer a modern and collaborative office environment with a free on-site gym, fully stocked kitchens, and cold brew on tap.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.