The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to influence Humana’s vision to provide coordinated, integrated care via home care solutions and ECOM (Enterprise Clinical Operating Model). The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Lead Data Scientist develops, maintains, and executes on advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to help solve critical business problems and ultimately improve the health and wellbeing of our members. This role advises key executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand business problems and formulate analytical solutions for problem solving as well as lead or collaborate with a team of data scientists, data analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects, proving benefits of solutions and helping with execution and measurement
- Use advanced analytic techniques like machine learning, predictive modeling to develop sophisticated models to solve the business problem
- Act as an external facing business translator whose combined expertise in AI/ML and analytics will enable the incorporation of these practices to drive data driven decision in practice
- Ensure the developed models or statistical tests are reusable and modular for effective transition to cloud in the future
- Deep dives across member populations to determine opportunities for improved timing or type of intervention
- Advanced predictive analytics to help optimize the touchpoint patterns following these deepdives
- Serve as a key participant of a cross-functional, collaborative team focused on develop consumer-centric strategies that drive value to the member and the business
- PhD + 2 years’ experience, Master’s Degree + 4 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree + 6 years’ experience.
- Data Analytics, Computer Science or related quantitative program.
- 2+ years’ experience in project, process or people leadership
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Successful demonstrated experience in working on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Advanced programming experience in Python, R, or SAS
- Experience in creating analysis, projections, models, and presentations to support business
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks
- Ability to works under minimal supervision, using independent judgment
- Ability to communicate statistical & complex concepts in a simplified manner
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Knowledge of healthcare claims, clinical programs and interventions, health outcomes, population health
- NLP Experience
This position can be located in Boston, Louisville or work from home (remote)