We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help establish and lead a data team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, and helping to expand our software platform.
What You'll do as a Lead Data Engineer
- Take ownership of building data solutions to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Design scalable processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Bring operational excellence with a focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
What skills you will use:
- You have strong experience in all aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations
- Experience writing code in Python and SQL
- A deep knowledge of a variety of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, S3, EC2, ECS/ECR, IAM, CloudWatch, Athena, etc
- Experience working in with MPP platforms like Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica and/or Azure Data Warehouse.
- Experience provisioning Infrastructure-As-Code (IAS) with either Terraform or CloudFormation
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- You’ll also have an advanced understanding of dimensional modeling.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description