Lead Business Intelligence Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Clinical Trend and Analytics team uses advanced scientific techniques, forecasting, and machine learning to predict financial and clinical outcomes in order to guide investments that improve health outcomes and reduce costs. In this exciting start-up environment, you'll have the opportunity to develop BI processes from the ground up and work directly with best-in-class scientists and decision-making executives to shape the future of Humana's most important strategic initiatives.
We think big and relentlessly innovate to redefine the future of healthcare with data science.
The Business Intelligence Lead manages a team of engineers to solve complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. She/he is a leader that understands what it takes to provide insight to decision-makers and leads the way by thinking strategically about the right tools and processes to bring clarity through data.
- Lead a team of engineers and data experts to build BI applications by working backwards from customer needs
- Champion the best tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data as insightful and actionable business information
- Integrate department, segment, and organizational strategy into the BI development process; clarity operating objectives, including their linkages to related BI areas
- Make independent decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations with minimal direction
- Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science) and 6+ year relevant experience.
- 2+ years leading teams of Data Scientists or other leading edge analytics focus
- Possesses a solid understanding of how organizational capabilities interrelate across departments and the ability to lead across large and matrixed environments
- Experience in developing, maintaining and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience creating advanced analytics to support business strategy
- Experience identifying and resolving complex technical and operations problems
- Experience building BI environments with significant scale and scope (Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience building a team from scratch
- 1+ years of experience in Power BI
- Experience with incorporating forecasts and predictive modeling techniques into BI tools
Healthcare is rapidly changing, and our members are living longer, often with more chronic conditions. Consumers expect more personalized and holistic experiences from their health partners. Humana’s Enterprise Clinical Operating Model (ECOM), is a multi-year strategy with the goal of improving member experiences and health outcomes through better integrating Humana's processes, technology and clinical capabilities. The person occupying this role will be instrumental in executing on the vision of ECOM in partnership with leaders and teams across Humana.