Lead AI Engineer (ML/Python) at Humana Studio_h
As part of the Humana Machine Learning Platform team you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects with the goal to improve the everyday life of our members. As an AI engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team you will be an individual contributor and collaborate with data scientist, analyst, business and IT teams to build data applications that create new capabilities for our partners. You will be expected to lead by example participating in programming, documentation, design session, code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
Engineering data science applications is not easy or trivial. It requires solid design, software development and social skills. Knowing this we work as a team to break apart the challenges inherent to our domain and work together to develop the best solution possible. To do this our team operates in an open environment where everybody is promoted to share their code and ideas, provide feedback on code/processes and document their work.
Some of the tools we use:
- Python, SQL and Bash
- SQL Server, PySpark, Kafka, HDFS
- RHEL, Docker
- Git, Azure Dev Ops
• Design and build the Machine Learning Platform on Azure.
• Possesses in depth understanding of the Azure ML DevOps to deploy/automate/monitor the Machine Learning models into production.
• Possesses working knowledge of container architectures to streamline and simplify model development, test, and deployment.
• Self-directed and comfortable supporting the devOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
• Design and develop data products and machine learning solutions for Humana enterprise Analytics.
• Possess in depth understanding of computer science parallelism concepts and efficient data processing techniques suitable for machine learning applications.
• Architect and implement ETL / Machine learning product solutions using best practices in Azure Cloud environment.
• Understand available data, including both in structured and unstructured formats, and recommend effective ways for storage and analytical processing in the cloud.
• Mentor more junior team members and act as a leader by example for the team. This is a very senior level position and will be expected to help grow and mature the overall skillset of the team.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment, closely interacting with business and some of industry’s best software engineers, machine learning scientists, data engineers, and data scientists.
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• 8+ years of software development experience with technologies such as Python, C++/C#, R, Scala
• 7+ years of experience designing and productionizing complex data processing systems
• 3+ years of experience designing and implementing data processing and/or machine learning applications in a cloud environment
• 3+ years of experience with PySpark.
• Familiarity with open source machine learning frameworks, such as tensorflow, pytorch,etc
• 2+ years of experience with containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
• Working knowledge of agile development techniques
• Willingness to learn new technologies and comprehend unfamiliar data domains and new business processes quickly
• 2+ years of experience working on cloud platforms.
• 2+ years of experience working on Dev Ops.
• Familiar with version control and best practices around CI/CD
• Solid knowledge of authentication and authorization for data access
• Prior experience of designing and building APIs and services for data
• Prior experience in any nosql DBs and Graph DB
• Prior experience with using typical set of tools for building a data pipelines: streaming, ingestion, and processing pipelines.
• MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of experience working in healthcare or a related field
• Experience implementing applications around Spark ML libraries.
• Open source contributions and robust portfolio of shipped code at GitHub
• Any Relevant certifications
• 3+ years of development on Azure Cloud Platform (including ADLS2, Databricks, ADF, ML Services, AKS)
• Azure Certifications.