As part of the Humana Machine Learning Platform team you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects with the goal to improve the everyday life of our members. As an AI engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team you will be an individual contributor and collaborate with data scientist, analyst, business and IT teams to build data applications that create new capabilities for our partners. You will be expected to lead by example participating in programming, documentation, design session, code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
Engineering data science applications is not easy or trivial. It requires solid design, software development and social skills. Knowing this we work as a team to break apart the challenges inherent to our domain and work together to develop the best solution possible. To do this our team operates in an open environment where everybody is promoted to share their code and ideas, provide feedback on code/processes and document their work.
Some of the tools we use:
- Azure, Azure Dev Ops
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service, CosmosDB
- Python, SQL and Bash
- SQL Server, PySpark, Kafka, HDFS
- RHEL, Docker
• Design and build a secure Machine Learning Platform infrastructure on Azure, using best practices in networking, data security, application security and Azure services
• Self-directed and comfortable supporting the devOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products
• Design and develop machine learning solutions for Humana enterprise Analytics.
• Possess understanding of computer science parallelism concepts and efficient data processing techniques suitable for machine learning applications
• Understand available data, including both in structured and unstructured formats, and recommend effective ways for storage and analytical processing in the cloud.
• Mentor more junior team members and act as a leader by example for the team. This is a very senior level position and will be expected to help grow and mature the overall skillset of the team.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment, closely interacting with business and some of industry’s best software engineers, machine learning scientists, data engineers, and data scientists.
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of experience working on cloud platforms (prefer Azure).
• 2+ years of experience with terraform or similar infrastructure framework
• 2+ years of experience with containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
• 5+ years of software development experience, with at least moderate Python experience
• Familiar with version control and best practices around CI/CD
• Solid knowledge of authentication and authorization for data access and cloud services
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Willingness to learn new technologies and comprehend unfamiliar data domains and new business processes quickly
• Open source contributions and portfolio of shipped code at GitHub
• 3+ years of development on Azure Cloud Platform (including ADLS2, Databricks, ADF, ML Services, AKS)
• Azure Certifications.
• Prior experience of designing and building APIs and services for data