Investment Data Analyst
Investment Management (“IM”) is looking for an energetic, creative and intellectually curious individual with strong analytical skills to join our team as an Investment Data Analyst. This is a new role that will have the opportunity to support the timely delivery of complete and accurate investment data to IM stakeholders. Responsibilities will initially include the implementation of business-as-usual production work and ad hoc projects that support continuous improvement of data delivery processes. The Investment Data Analyst role resides within the IM Investment Operations organization and will partner extensively with members of the IM Portfolio Management team; corporate finance and technology stakeholders and external business partners, including asset managers.
Our ideal Investment Data Analyst candidate is team-oriented, has strong investment acumen; and great communication skills. Successful candidates will be adept at managing time and prioritizing multiple initiatives. The nature of the work also requires strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness in order to identify root causes and design and implement practical solutions to complex recurring issues.
- Implement and execute processes that will support the timely delivery of complete and accurate investment data to IM stakeholders to enable critical investment analysis capabilities
- Represent IM teams as an advocate for escalation and resolution of data quality issues that require collaboration with corporate finance and technology business partners
- Share the current state of data quality with stakeholders using meaningful metrics, adjusting as the state of data quality evolves
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of investment data experience with an understanding of systems and data management.
- Exceptional data analysis experience working with large data sets and multiple sources of data. Expert user of excel and proficient with SQL/Oracle query tools.
- Can work with limited guidance on complex projects. Anticipates change and is comfortable with multiple priorities
- Strong quantitative orientation, analytical skills, a high level of intellectual curiosity, tolerance for ambiguity and seasoned judgment.
- Must be able to explore multiple solutions to a problem and present and defend solutions based on an analysis of facts and an understanding of client needs
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Desire to learn and ability to apply learnings to business issues
- Self-starter with proven ability to organize and direct quality work efforts
- Ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable interacting with vendors, business partners and internal Investment and IT teams
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team based environment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related area
- Cognos, Microstrategy, or other reporting tool experience a plus
- Understanding of fixed income and equity securities, alternative assets, and derivatives, and how investment information for each asset classes is used